The aim of the pastoral department at the Evangel Theological Seminary is support and enhancement of theological and practical knowledge for the pastors who already have ministry and build up the Church. We believe that this department will be a great opportunity for pastors to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ over the world even more successfully! We believe that this is an opportunity to open for yourself those important principles that will bring new vision, direction, coordinates for church growth in Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the CIS.
The program’s objectives:
- to improve the character traits that correspond the characteristics of a purposeful pastor;
- to improve basic principles of evangelical theology;
- to contribute to the formation of world view and life values based on biblical principles that are relevant in the 21-st century under the influence of globalization and the culture of post-modernism;
- to deepen knowledge in the field of fundamentals of Christian theology and to show its formation throughout the history of Christianity and in the life of church today;
- to improve the skills of preaching, counseling, teaching and other forms of pastoral activities;
- to teach important techniques and principles of the Church establishment and maintain a successful pastoral ministry.
Subjects and topics of the Pastoral Department will be:
- Time management and the art of time and resource planning in the ministry of pastor.
- Personnel management and management in a local church, association, seminary, Christian organization. Methods for successful management and building healthy relationships between ministers and leaders in a team.
- Church structure. Effective church structure, accountability and role certainty as a factor of healthy growth and church functioning.
- Financial church management.
- Discipleship: from a new convert to the church leader. Internal effective models for nurturing believers and strong church leaders from a new convert to a potential leader and volunteer in the church.
- Public relations and the art to build bridges between the Church and society.
- Mass media, production and advertising as effective modern methods of influence and evangelization in the modern society.
- Counseling and conflictology.
- The spirituality of pastor and church leadership.
- Home groups and church growth through a model of home groups.
- Church worship models and forms on Sunday services.
- Prayer, missionary and evangelism in the church as factors of its growth.
- Social church ministry.
- Children, teenagers and youth church ministry.
- Family counseling.
- Sisterhood at church.
- Male church ministry.
- Max Weber’s ideas in the formation of the evangelical protestant world view in Ukraine through Pentecostal Church.
- Church and politics. The formation of a correct theological understanding of church participation in social movements, politics, the army and political programs.
- The education and theological training of pastors and church ministers.
- Post-modernism and its current challenges.
The Department of Pastoral Ministry seeks the achievement of these important goals in the pastor’s ministry:
- have a deep commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, a serious attitude towards the ministry on God’s field and compliance to pastoral ethics;
- revive spirituality in pastoral leadership and ministry;
- have a clear theological position corresponding to Bible doctrine and be able to defend it;
- have a Christian worldview and be able to defend its life values in accordance with Bible standards;
- know the organizational, development and management principles of home groups and local churches and open mechanisms influencing the growth of the modern church ;
- be able to apply in practical ministries as well as to adapt the methods used by the early church under modern conditions of the 21-st century;
- know the modern principles of organization, management, governance and development of relation within the church and in society.
- know the characteristics and human needs of different age groups;
- know the principles of consultation on various issues and be able to provide advice;
- know different methods of evangelization and be able to use them in practice;
- be able to organize a system of church education and spread the Bible truth, taking into account the features of modern culture;
- know the peculiarities of working with young people and use them in practice;
- know the theoretical and legal foundation of social work, be able to organize and coordinate the activities of social service in the church;
- know the theological foundations of worship ministry and worship in the church, various forms and principles of organization and carrying out the worship ministry in the church;
- know the Bible doctrine and principles of the universal mission, effective ways of missionary activity in a particular area and the problems of cultural contextualization of the gospel, and be able to practically apply them and attract others to this ministry;
- know the legislative norms on freedom of conscience and religious organizations as well as be able to use them if necessary;
- know the importance of building the purpose, vision and church ministry that leads it to the growth and salvation of society for the sake of Jesus Christ.
(Phone, Viber, Telegram, WhatsApp):
+38 (044) 527-94-89